Soneto 141 (Shakespeare)



Sonnet 141

In faith, I do not love thee with mine eyes,
For they in thee a thousand errors note;
But 'tis my heart that loves what they despise,
Who in despite of view is pleased to dote;
Nor are mine ears with thy tongue's tune delighted,
Nor tender feeling, to base touches prone,
Nor taste, nor smell, desire to be invited
To any sensual feast with thee alone:
But my five wits nor my five senses can
Dissuade one foolish heart from serving thee,
Who leaves unsway'd the likeness of a man,
Thy proud heart's slave and vassal wretch to be:
Only my plague thus far I count my gain,
That she that makes me sin awards me pain.

Tradução:

SONETO 141

Por crer, não te amo com meus olhos,
Pois eles em ti veem mil defeitos;
Mas é meu coração que ama aquilo que desprezam,
Que, apesar de ver, se comprazem com o que sentem.
Nem se alegram meus ouvidos ao som de tua língua;
Nem sentimentos doces nascem de teu toque,
Nem sabor ou perfume são bem-vindos
A qualquer festim sensual a que me convides:
Mas meus cinco sentidos não podem
Dissuadir um coração tolo de servir-te
Que deixas imperturbado como um homem,
Escravo e vassalo de teu coração altivo:
Somente em desgraças conto os meus ganhos,
Pois aquela que me faz pecar, também me faz sofrer.



E para quem conferiu minha postagem de ontem e viu o filme "10 Coisas que Odeio em Você", aqui está a versão alternativa lida pela personagem do filme, e o video com sua tradução:


Sonnet 141 (Derivative Version)

I hate the way you talk to me,
And the way you cut your hair.
I hate the way you drive my car.
I hate it when you stare.
I hate your big dumb combat boots,
And the way you read my mind.
I hate you so much it makes me sick.
(It even makes me rhyme.)
I hate the way you’re always right.
I hate it when you lie.
I hate it when you make me laugh—
Even worse when you make me cry.
I hate it when you’re not around, and the fact that you didn’t call.
But mostly I hate the way I don’t hate you—not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all.



Comentários

  1. De suspirar!
    Lindo! Amei esse soneto Shakespeare... me deu curiosidade para ler outros.
    Já assisti esse filme um zilão de vezes e ainda assim não me canso...

    ResponderExcluir

Postar um comentário